My family life is busy, to put it mildly. We come and go at different times, and usually have very little time left for dinner planning. That is why I believe in fuss-free, easy recipes that can be made using ingredients that you either always have in the house, or that lasts a long time in the fridge. I have a list of pantry staples; what makes these items so special is the fact that they are not exclusively for breakfast or lunch or dinner, they become what ever you want them to be. Chicken wings, full cream plain yoghurt, and olive oil are a few of the items at the top of my list. With fresh herbs from our garden, weekday dinners become so much easier.
Baked Chicken Wings with Yoghurt and Chive Dip
A firm favourite in our household, we love chicken wings in any form – baked, fried, in soup, on the braai. What makes it a real winner is how fast it cooks, making it perfect for those “I only have 30min until dinner time” days
- 16 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (you can increase or decrease depending on your family’s preferences)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups full fat Greek-style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease or spray and cook a large baking sheet. Brush chicken wings with oil. Combine paprika, lemon pepper, mixed herbs, chilli powder, and salt in a large plastic bag. Add chicken. Shake until well coated.
- Place chicken onto prepared tray. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place garlic, lemon zest, chives, and yoghurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve drizzled over, or as a sauce to dip the wings in.
- Serve with sweet potato wedges.